I came across these videos from Open University which amused me -- I thought I'd share a couple, just for fun (yeah, I know I've probably got a weird sense of fun, but language and words have always fascinated me). They're from a series called "The History of English in Ten Minutes":
The (amateur) musical I'm in is coming to an end - four more performances (two on Saturday - good grief!), then its over. I don't know whether to laugh or cry - it's been an absolutely hilarious ride, but exhausting and stressful, but I'm so glad I pushed past my fears and put myself out there.
Hope everyone is goodly! ♥
The (amateur) musical I'm in is coming to an end - four more performances (two on Saturday - good grief!), then its over. I don't know whether to laugh or cry - it's been an absolutely hilarious ride, but exhausting and stressful, but I'm so glad I pushed past my fears and put myself out there.
Hope everyone is goodly! ♥
no subject
Date: Monday, 28 November 2011 09:58 pm (UTC)Wow good on you for the musical - brave girl! That mixture of pleased and sad to see it end sounds familiar. Enjoy those last performances - hope you survive Saturday in particular!
no subject
Date: Monday, 28 November 2011 10:04 pm (UTC)Weird ways exhaustion manifests itself:
1. I keep leaving random 'things' in random places.
2. I have been wearing different left and right boots to work since Thursday of last week and only noticed yesterday.
Guh!
no subject
Date: Monday, 28 November 2011 11:46 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: Monday, 28 November 2011 11:03 pm (UTC)Shakespoke was clever.
Musical?!? You're brave, acting and singing at the same time is beyond me. No wonder you're running on empty.
no subject
Date: Monday, 28 November 2011 11:11 pm (UTC)